it was recently suggested that i take a course in positive communication. here’s the course outline:
Primarily, team members who have difficulty communicating messages in a way which is positively received. Those who have trouble keeping their messages relevant and on track.
By the end of the workshop, participants in the program will be able to:
– Make communication a positive two way process, even when under pressure
– Identify the barriers to positive communication
– Use the 4 factors of effective communication to keep communication on track to a positive result
– Act assertively when dealing with requests from internal customers, and the community
– Problem solve to constructively serve internal customers and the community.
Fingers crossed that when I have finished this course you will see a change in the way I communicate, including here. ie no more bitchy comments.